Our team of attorneys truly care about you and your family, not just the outcome of your case.
Port St. Lucie Child Support Lawyer
Successfully Defending Our Clients’ Rights Since 1927
Child support is the financial obligation that allows parents to support their children, even if they do not physically live with them. To determine how much each parent is required to pay, several factors are taken into consideration.
Some of the most important factors in child support include:
- The income of parents
- The health care and child care needs of the child
- The standard needs of the child
At Crary Buchanan, we have provided caring representation for more than 85 years, helping families through difficult legal matters with dedication and tenacity. Our firm includes lawyers who are AV® rated for ethics and skill. We can help you whether you need to calculate child support in a divorce, establish paternity and seek support, or modify current support orders. Our Port St. Lucie divorce and family lawyers are prepared to preserve you and your child’s rights.
Don’t wait to discover how our legal team can help you.
Call (888) 899-8161 to reach a Port St. Lucie child support attorney!
Florida’s Child Support Guidelines & Your Case
How much will you pay in child support? The answer is different for each situation. According to §61.30 of the Florida Statutes, child support guidelines factor in the parents’ combined monthly net income and the number of children.
Here are a few examples of Florida’s child support guidelines:
- For a monthly net income of $800, the minimum support for one child is $190, but for six children it would be $220.
- For a monthly net income of $10,000, the minimum support ordered for one child is set at $1,437.
- For a monthly net income of over $10,000, the paying parent must pay the minimum set for $10,000, plus a percentage multiplied against the amount over $10,000. For example, it is 5% multiplier for one child.
Call (888) 899-8161 to Understand Your Legal Rights
Throughout our history, it has been our goal at Crary Buchanan to provide our residents with high-quality and reliable legal assistance when it matters most. We believe in helping clients—not in working cases—and therefore we do everything that we can to help our clients achieve the just outcome that they deserve.
Don’t face these matters on your own. Call us today to learn how a Port St. Lucie child support attorney from our firm can help you.