Our team of attorneys truly care about you and your family, not just the outcome of your case.
Foreclosure Defense Attorney in Port St. Lucie
Facing foreclosure? We can help you protect your home.
Are you facing a foreclosure on your home? We can help. At Crary Buchanan, we understand the importance of your home and are ready to help you protect it through a legal strategy called foreclosure defense. There are many ways to avoid foreclosure, and our Port St. Lucie foreclosure defense lawyers are here to help you determine the best legal option for your unique circumstances. To learn more about possible methods of defense, speak with a member of our legal team today.
How can I avoid a foreclosure on my home?
The easiest way to avoid foreclosure is through a mortgage modification. Simply put, a mortgage modification allows you to rearrange the financial specifications of your mortgage so that you have more time to pay it off. A modification may also allow you to make manageable payments on your home by lowering the interest rate, etc.
Possible elements of a mortgage modification:
- Extending time to make payments
- Reducing monthly payments
- Eliminating non-payment fees
- Changing the loans interest rate
- Reducing the principal of the loan
Using Bankruptcy to Avoid Foreclosure
If you do not qualify for a mortgage modification, you may be able to us bankruptcy as a form of foreclosure defense. Depending on the unique circumstances of your case, you can use Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy to protect your home.
- Chapter 7 – If you are filing for Chapter 7, you can declare your home as an “unsecured asset” and wait for you lender to object. This leaves the burden of proof on the lender to demonstrate that your home is not an unsecured asset.
- Chapter 13 – Using Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you can avoid foreclosure by filing an Adversary Proceeding, which allows you to sue the lender for proof of the foreclosure claim. This places the burden of proof on the lender as well.
Another common tactic for foreclosure defense is finding fault in the bank’s legal procedures. If you can find an error or flaw in the way that the bank handled your mortgage and foreclosure, you may be able to protest the foreclosure proceedings.
Contact Crary Buchanan Today
Call our office today to schedule your initial consultation with a foreclosure defense attorney from Crary Buchanan. When you work with us, you get more than 85 years of legal experience on your side. Since 1927, our firm has served the local community by providing exemplary legal guidance in a wide variety of legal practice areas. Today, we are ready to use this knowledge and skill to benefit your case. Contact us today to learn more about your legal options with our firm!